Klamath County School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bus Driver - Route 76 - Round Lake, Airway Drive
at Klamath County School District
Have the ability to operate a large school bus in a safe and lawful manner during varying weather, road and traffic conditions; and to recognize when conditions are unsafe for bus operation.
Have the ability to learn specific bus routes, complete scheduled routes in a timely manner, and adjust to periodic changes in schedules and routes.
Maintain safe and appropriate atmosphere among students while they are being transported and communicate discipline issues to appropriate administrators.
Recognize potential mechanical and safety equipment problems and report as designated.
Maintain a safe driving record and appropriate licensure and certification.
Conduct vehicle pre and post trip inspections as prescribed by law.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Not Necessarily Limited To)
1. Operate a school bus, observing all laws, rules and regulations.
2. Drive a school bus on an assigned route in all weather conditions; communicating with dispatcher en route as necessary.
3. Loading and unloading students at specific stops on an established time schedule.
4. Non-driving duties includes assisting with bus route reviews, student list and other duties directed by the supervisor to include fueling and vehicle cleaning.
5. Provide students a safe and nurturing environment on the bus.
6. Report deficiencies in equipment to the proper authorities immediately.
7. Report complaints regarding transportation problems that he/she cannot handle to the proper authorities.
8. Complete forms and reports as assigned, i.e., driving hours, student counts, bus stop times, trip sheets and mileage reports.
9. Have knowledge of proper procedures to follow in case of an accident or emergency.
10. Maintain discipline on the bus and report discipline problems to appropriate staff; attending student-parent meetings regarding school bus discipline problems, as required.
11. Possess a school bus driver’s certificate, maintain a good driving record, possess a current First Aid/CPR card and notify the Transportation Supervisor within 24 hours if you receive a citation.
12. Complete and maintain the required classroom hours and the behind-the-wheel training as mandated by the Oregon Department of Education.
13. To be fingerprinted under legislation as deemed by the State of Oregon.
14. Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
15. Perform drug and alcohol testing as described under the U.S. Department of Transportation guidelines.
16. Perform other tasks as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)