Jackson County Oregon
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jackson County Oregon
- Job Description
- Jackson County Employment Opportunity
This position is part of a larger team that performs a variety of tasks to clean and maintain all Airport facilities.
Jackson County strives to recruit, hire and retain the best employees!
- Pre-Employment Requirements and/or Preferences
- Current schedule: must be able to work a 10-hour day, which may include days, swing shifts, nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate mandatory training, special project needs, and other coverage requirements.
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to hire.
- Must submit an acceptable DMV certified court print prior to hire.
- Please click on the following link to review Jackson County's requirements for an acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to hire.
- It is a violation of the Jackson County's Drug-Free Workplace policy to unlawfully manufacture, use, be under the influence of (per policy definition), possess, dispense, distribute, sell, trade, solicit, and/or offer for sale drugs, other substances, or chemicals identified in 21 CFR 1308.11 Schedule 1 (Code of Federal Regulations) including, but not limited to, synthetic or natural medical or recreational marijuana. The illegal or unauthorized use of prescription drugs is also prohibited. Please click on the following link to review Jackson County's Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
- Job Duties and Requirements
I. Position Summary
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of tasks involving skilled custodial and maintenance work in the janitorial care of Airport facilities, equipment;, and to perform related work as required.
II. Distinguishing Features
This is the journey level classification in the Custodian – Airport series. This class is distinguished from the advanced journey level classification in the lack of responsibility to serve as a lead worker and exercise technical and functional supervisor over lower level positions as well as in the greater complexity of the work performed. Employees work within a framework of standard policies and procedures. Positions in this classification require limited time on the job before an incumbent is capable of functioning at the full journey level. Incumbents initially work under immediate supervision, progressing to general supervision as the incumbent becomes able to independently perform the full range of duties associated with this level.
III. Examples of Essential Position Duties
- Dusts, cleans and polishes furniture, doors, windows, partitions, woodwork and other related surfaces. Cleans light fixtures, replaces filters, washes windows, and changes lamps.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, scrubs, waxes, polishes floors, and shampoos carpets.
- Disposes of trash and recyclable materials.
- Operates power cleaning equipment such as buffer, sweeper, and steam cleaning equipment.
- Trains custodial staff on applicable work practices, equipment usage and safety training.
- Monitors supplies and stocks locations and maintains inventory.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and fixtures.
- May pick up and deliver equipment, parts and other miscellaneous items.
- Performs some limited routine maintenance to equipment, buildings, and fixtures.
- Direct visitors to appropriate location.
- Identifies possible breaches of regulations and/or procedures and responds as directed.
- Prepares accurate activity shift logs.
- Maintains good rapport with the public, Airport tenants and other agencies.
- May work a variety of shifts and schedules, including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Adheres to County and departmental policies and procedures as well as safe work practices, policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with other staff, public officials, the general public and representatives of other agencies.
- Attends and participates in required trainings.
- Has regular and reliable attendance.
- Overtime may be required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesPosition requires a knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures; knowledge of cleaning materials, chemicals, and solvents; knowledge of the care and maintenance of cleaning equipment. Ability to operate power cleaning equipment; understand and follow simple oral and written directions as well as established procedures for cleaning, sanitation, safety and security; prioritize changes and work well under pressure; estimate time and materials and manage time efficiently; keep detailed, legible and accurate records; read and understand airline schedules, building floor plans, and department communications; communicate courteously, professionally and effectively with tenants and the general public.
V. Minimum Requirements (Performance of the essential duties of this position includes the following requirements, physical demands and/or working conditions)
Education and Experience
A combination of education and experience equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade AND one year of custodial experience AND one year additional experience involving heavy public contact AND must be at least 18 years of age.
Licenses, Certificates and Other
Valid driver's license and a good driving record. Must pass an in-depth background check investigation and a security threat assessment.
Physical Demands (Performance of the essential duties of this position includes the following physical demands and/or working conditions)
Tasks involve frequent walking, standing, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching and climbing as well as lifting and carrying objects of moderate to heavy weight and varying size and shape, sometimes overhead; perform strenuous or heavy manual work; minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs or body in the operation of communications equipment. Tasks may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions such as heat, cold, wetness, dust, strong odors, strong and/or toxic chemicals, dust, noise and vehicular exhaust fumes.
Incumbents are exposed to adverse weather, including extreme temperatures, rain, snow, sleet and hail. Incumbents are also exposed to dangerous or unpleasant conditions and substances, including noise, dust, hot oil, asphalt, chemicals, paint and traffic hazards. May include exposure to disruptive people.
VI. Additional Information
This classification description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, knowledge, skills, abilities, or requirements, as any one position in this classification may be assigned some or all of these duties, in addition to other duties not explicitly listed here. The various duties, responsibilities and/or assignments of this position may be unevenly balanced and change from time to time based upon matters such as, but not limited to, variations in the shift, work demands, seasons, service levels and management's decisions on how to best allocate department resources. Any shift, emphasis or rebalancing of these assigned duties, responsibilities and/or assignments does not constitute a change in the job classification.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
JACKSON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Jackson County does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Women, minorities and the disabled are encouraged to apply. Upon request, special accommodations and/or assistance will be gladly provided for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory impairments. Because of the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, persons hired by the County must be able to present acceptable documents verifying identity and authorization to work in the United States. For a copy of Jackson County's Equal Employment Opportunity Plan, visit our web site at www.jacksoncounty.org or call 541-774-6036.