Jackson County Oregon
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
7325-Extra Help COOKS at the Howard Prairie Lake Resort Restaurant (Roads & Parks)
at Jackson County Oregon
- Job Description
- Jackson County Employment Opportunity
If you are a great cook, a team player with a great work ethic, and you love the great outdoors with great views, please consider one of our Extra Help Cook positions at the Howard Prairie Lake Resort Restaurant.
Jackson County strives to recruit, hire and retain the best employees!
- Pre-Employment Requirements and/or Preferences
- Must have or obtain a Food Handler's License within 30 days of beginning work.
- Restaurant Cooking Experience Preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to hire.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to hire.
- It is a violation of the Jackson County's Drug-Free Workplace policy to unlawfully manufacture, use, be under the influence of (per policy definition), possess, dispense, distribute, sell, trade, solicit, and/or offer for sale drugs, other substances, or chemicals identified in 21 CFR 1308.11 Schedule 1 (Code of Federal Regulations) including, but not limited to, synthetic or natural medical or recreational marijuana. The illegal or unauthorized use of prescription drugs is also prohibited. Please click on the following link to review Jackson County's Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
- Job Duties and Requirements
Examples of Essential Position Duties:
- Set up and stocking all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service.
- Cook menu items.
- Clean up stations.
- Stock inventory appropriately.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality, and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
JACKSON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Jackson County does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Women, minorities and the disabled are encouraged to apply. Upon request, special accommodations and/or assistance will be gladly provided for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory impairments. Because of the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, persons hired by the County must be able to present acceptable documents verifying identity and authorization to work in the United States. For a copy of Jackson County's Equal Employment Opportunity Plan, visit our web site at www.jacksoncounty.org or call 541-774-6036.