Hoffman Construction Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hoffman Construction Company
- 26-Aug-2019 to 25-Oct-2019 (PST)
- Project Management
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Full Time
When you ask a Hoffman employee what stands out most about the company, across the board they say, "the people." Hoffman provides employees with the freedom and independence to solve challenges without bureaucratic second-guessing, opportunities to build the most exciting projects and amazing benefits. We provide health insurance, paid time off, a generous retirement program and highly competitive pay. We take care of each other by offering free primary healthcare to our employees and their families through our dedicated healthcare clinics. We encourage teambuilding and giving back through community events. Hoffman is an employee-owned company, giving our employee owners a stake in the company's long-term success.
Headquartered in the Northwest, Hoffman has been building some of the most exciting projects in the world for almost a century. We work in a wide range of markets; from urban high-rise towers and cultural projects such as museums and libraries; to advanced technology, industrial manufacturing facilities; water treatment plants; healthcare facilities and more. We have had the good fortune to build many of the region's most significant and challenging projects, including the Portland International Airport, Space Needle Century Project, Oregon Convention Center, Seattle Central Library, MoPOP, Colman Dock, Washington Park Reservoir, Portland's South Waterfront, Tillamook Creamery Visitors Center, and many more.
Our people take pride in their work, support each other above all else, and drive our commitment to exceptional construction. Many of our employees have been here for 30+ years; people often join us straight out of college/apprenticeships and stay for their entire careers. We are looking for builders with a wide range of talent to join our team; could you be the next addition?
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS - Full time Cost Engineer needed.
Application review will take into account without limitation the following criteria: qualifications, education and experience specific to the job description/duties as well as prior experience with Hoffman Construction
Must be able to pass the Hoffman Drug and Alcohol Test
Hoffman is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Estimate quantities of materials/estimate relative costs at field office
- Clear communication skills in speech, handwriting, and computer formatting required for responding to information requests
- Setup and maintenance of job cost reports (including budgets, commitments, forecast "yet to buys", contingency and spends
- Track costs by bid package, field order and specific category of change (defined by owner)
- Setup and maintain project indicators (including graphics as required)
- Setup and maintenance of project change, work authorization, and contract modification logs
- Contract administration including writing contract modifications
- Development and preparation of monthly status report (including narrative, executive cost reporting, project cost indicators and cash flow projection)
- Monthly reconciliation of project cost report with Hoffman and client's accounting systems.
- Working knowledge and Interpretation of blueprint construction drawings, technical manuals and quantifying materials required for construction from documents
- Writing and publishing meeting minutes, summarizing quantities of materials in an orderly fashion
- Organization and filing of record documents
- Information storage and retrieval using computer
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PHYSICAL:
- Standing/Walking/Sitting: Work day is combination of sitting/walking and standing.
- Must be able to climb ladders/stairs - 5% of day.
- Hands/Arms - Constant use of hands/fingers for mouse/keyboard/computer use.
- Sight - Visual acuity in near, mid and far range vision. Color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, hand/eye coordination.
- Hearing: sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone and radio; sufficient to hear alarms on equipment.
- Speech sufficient to make oneself heard in person, speak in front of groups, and be understood over the telephone and radio.
- Lift/Carry - up to 50 pound computer/drawings rarely.
- Bending/Twisting - minimal
- Kneeling/Crouching/Crawling - rarely
MENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Constant mental alertness, accuracy, and attention to detail required.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions, and follow through on all assignments.
- Must use creativity, independent judgment, and organizational and problem solving skills to determine best method to accomplish desired results.
- Must be able to plan and organize work
- Must possess strong mathematical skills, calculate proper dimensions of components, read/write/speak English, read blue prints, manuals, and communicate with coworkers.
- Education background in materials and methods of construction. Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience in organizing technical data in a neat and accurate method. Familiar with CSI specification system for construction.
- Ability to work closely with trade and craft people in a field work situation. Patience and professionalism are essential and being able to maintain a cooperative attitude through pressure situations.
- Skill in handling several work activities at once while frequently interrupted by phone calls and urgent questions on work in progress.
- Training in design document reading, design specifications, survey theory and techniques.
- Highly developed visual observation and interpretation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook) and Bluebeam. Experience with critical path method scheduling software such as Suretrack Project Manager and Primavera Project Planner (P6) experience. Experience with Project Management Software such as Procor, Prolog or E-Builder. Experience with Autocad and Navisworks.