Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Admin Assistant/Back Office Clerk - $15.25 - Portland Airport
at Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Administrative / Clerical
- Position Type
- Regular Full Time
This is a fleet adminsitrative clerk position that is inclusive of both desk work and work outside scanning fleet and assisting in inventory and so forth.
You will need a valid driver’s license, computer knowledge and the ability to work in the elements year round assisting with the fleet side.
- Resolve incoming phone inquiries from customers (our customers are Hertz employees).
- Requires direct vendor contact both verbally and written.
- Complete Daily Reports of Business (consists of reports, cash, basic accounting, research, etc)
- Make phone calls, send emails/faxes to Corporate and Licensee locations requesting documentation to resolve problems.
- Process Log On ID Requests
- Order supplies, uniforms, fuel, etc.
- Process purchase orders then follow up with the receipt of goods.
- Arrange pick up of impounded or stranded vehicles.
- Calculate time cards, wage payouts, track attendance, key in data.
- Processing payroll input for a weekly, non-exempt payroll
Using the web based Time & Attendance system to quality check hours and data
Maintains attendance records and time-off balances
Assists Operations management with Time and Attendance exceptions and new employee set-up in the system
- Tracks and remits union dues
Runs reports as needed
Administers pay rules within the context of the employee handbook and collective bargaining agreements
- Serve as back-up to other clerk functions in his/her absence.
- Provides administrative support as needed for a busy Finance team
- Assist with special administrative projects when needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager
- This position contains work in office and outside. Must be able to work in the elements year round assisting in tracking, scanning and processing inventory of fleet. Approximately 50% of duties will be outside.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills PC experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and have good organizational skills
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Typing 30 wpm
- 10 key by touch (6,000 ksph)
- Strong PC proficiency including MS Excel
- Criminal Background Check required due to access of Personable Identifiable Data (PID)
Preferred Requirements: Experience in dealing directly with customers (i.e. inquiries, disputes, adjustments, etc)
- Working knowledge of ASAP, Carrent, GAR
- Knowledge of accounting and receivables