Core & Main
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Branch Manager I
at Core & Main
- Job ID
- Job Post Category
- Field Services
- Remote Position?
- Position Type
About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America’s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Lead position for location approximately $15M or less in revenue. Direct all sales and operations activities for a branch location. Responsible for the execution of sales strategy. Develop customer relationships and ensure satisfaction through operational excellence. Responsible for talent acquisition and development and retention of associates and adherence to company policies and procedures. This position requires operation of a company vehicle or a personal vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, Core & Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Ensures efficient operations through adherence to policies and procedures and process excellence. Maintains compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Safeguards company assets and associates.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels to meet service, financial, and operational support demands. Effectively utilizes training programs to develop sales and operations expertise.
- Initiates and builds customer relationships with existing and new customers.
- Acts as liaison to functional leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Monitors local market trends. Develops and executes strategies to grow local market share and aggressively pursues business opportunities.
- Works closely with vendors to maximize sales and increase profitability.
- Accountable for profit and loss and inventory/accounts receivable for assigned location. Achieves earnings before interest and tax (EBIT), return on investment capital (ROIC), and return on sales (ROS) goals.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's degree.
- Wholesale distribution experience.
- Exposure to Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to use computer systems and apply computer systems knowledge to manage day-to-day operations.