Harney District Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
at Harney District Hospital
PURPOSE OF POSITION:To provide quality health care in an outpatient clinic setting to the patients of Harney District Hospital Family Care Clinic.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct comprehensive physical assessment; establish diagnoses and treatment plans for common illnesses and conditions.
- Prescribe and manage medications.
- Order, perform, and interpret laboratory tests. Order imaging procedures and other outpatient procedures as needed.
- Refer patients to appropriate specialty physicians and other health care providers as deemed necessary.
- Provide patient education and promote patient health and wellness.
- Manage acute and chronic conditions in patients.
- Regularly consult with physicians on patient care issues and if deemed necessary, refer patients to HDH Family Care physicians.
- Document the assessment and treatment plan in patient chart in a clear, concise and timely manner. Submit charges that support the level of service and documentation for services rendered.
- Participate in regular provider meetings to identify and improve clinic processes and functions.
- Utilize the skills and abilities of the clinical support staff efficiently and appropriately.
- Provide health services in the RHC Clinic and be available to provide patient care for at least 50% of the time that the clinic operates.
- Adhere to the Collaborative Agreement with providers of HDH Family Care.
- Participate in the development and review of Rural Health Clinic (RHC) policies, procedures and services and offer recommendations for revisions as needed.
- Follow established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance measures and safety standards.
- Maintain professional, cooperative working relationship with physicians, care providers, hospital staff, other healthcare organizations, and the public to provide quality customer service in a courteous manner.
- Maintain work areas in a clean, orderly and secure manner.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS: Broad knowledge of health care, patient care principles and practices. Possession of a degree from accredited school for Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners. Must possess a current, unencumbered, Oregon license for NP or PA. Must be in good standing with the respective Oregon Licensing Board. Must have current Federal DEA license.
- DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS: At least 5 years experience in a family practice setting.