Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
We currently have immediate openings for an experienced, career minded Maintenance Electrician to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a talented, electrician to improve troubleshooting skills, process control/PLC, DC & AC drive troubleshooting, programming and commissioning. The position will be active in developing a culture of an incident free workplace, continuous improvement of equipment reliability and reducing costs to support the business success. The plant is a 24/7 operation. Successful applicants must be available to work all shifts and overtime.
- Ensures proper operation of manufacturing equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, drives, PLC’s, pumps, pneumatic tools and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals and manufacturer's instructions.
- Read and interpret blue prints, schematics, technical manuals and drawings.
- Troubleshoot, install, align, dismantle, repair and maintain industrial machinery, electrical and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up-time
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. Ability to interface with plant CMMS for work order and part tracking purposes.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Expected to supply a standard industrial set of tools. The company will supply specialty tooling.
- Work closely with area operators to resolve maintenance related issues with the ability to communicate the issues and resolutions to Operators, Managers and Peers directly or via email.
- Responsible for shift pass down to oncoming technicians.
- Maintain maintenance log and keep it current at the end of each shift.
- Resolve quality and safety issues.
- Ability to effectively use hand tools, meters, scopes, and other pertinent specialized equipment
Skills that would be a plus:
- Previous electro-mechanical systems experience
- Experience with continuous web handling equipment.
- Troubleshooting skills in pneumatics, hydraulics, rotating machinery performance.
- Experience with extrusion coating process
- State certification or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
- Leadership experience
- State certification as a Plant Journeyman electrician at a minimum or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
- $0.40/hour Days
- $0.90/hour Nights
- 12-hour days (6:30am – 6:30pm) - rotating shift pattern of 2-2-3
- 12-hour nights (6:30pm – 6:30am) - rotating shift pattern of 4-3-3-4
- AWPPW (Association of Western Pulp and Paper Workers)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Other: 401(k), Life Insurance/AD&D/A&S, Employee Assistance Program, Gym Membership Discount
We are looking for people to help grow our culture to create an incident free work place, using standard work practices to drive out waste and continuously improve equipment reliability all aimed at reducing costs to support our business viability. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
All qualified applicants will be screened via the Nowlin Selection Process. Post-offer, all candidates must pass a drug screen, physical and criminal background check.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Please apply at www.graphicpkg.com
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.