Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Lincoln City, OR
- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Cleans and sanitizes hospital and clinic building areas following established policies and procedures to maintain the environment in an orderly and sanitary condition. Moves furniture, equipment and supplies in and around hospital departments/buildings.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- Environmental Services provides a professional, clean, safe, and sanitary environment for Samaritan Health Services in support of the health care mission. Services including cleaning and floor/carpet care, repairs, loans of tables/chairs and equipment, custodial services, linen distribution and waste removal.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a hospital / long term care setting / medical office preferred.
- Current valid Oregon driver's license preferred, but not required for all applicants.
- Note: Some work areas require the use of the employee's personal automobile. Employee must have a valid driver's license and auto liability/property damage insurance as required by law and must maintain their vehicle in good working order. If the employee is driving SHS vehicles, then successful completion of Drivers Privileges for SHS Vehicles application process required.
- Customer Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Team Building - Ability to work, function and communicate on a multi-disciplinary team. Possess the knowledge and skills to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Problem Solving - Ability to identify complex problems, review related information, employ creativity and alternative thinking to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management - Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to complete within required time frames and to follow-up on pending issues. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in dynamic fast-paced environments and under pressure.
- Confidentiality - Knowledge of State and Federal (HIPAA) laws pertaining to confidentiality of protected health information. Ability to comply with laws and maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Stress Tolerance and Self Control - Ability to maintain patience and composure, control emotions, set clear boundaries and moderate high stress, difficult situations. Ability to respond quickly and appropriately and to adjust actions as needed to best meet the needs of the department and facility.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 40 - 60 Lbs
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 20 - 40 Lbs
KNEEL (on knees)
CLIMB - STAIRS
CLIMB – LADDER
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 20 - 40 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 – 20 Lbs
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
SQUAT Static (hold >30 sec)
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
ENTER & EXIT VEHICLE/MACHINERY
WALK - INCLINE
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 40 - 60 Lbs
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
BEND FORWARD at waist
REACH - Forward
REACH - Upward
PUSH (40 - 60 pounds force)
PULL (40 - 60 pounds force)
WALK – LEVEL SURFACE
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists
PUSH (0 - 20 pounds force)
PULL (0 - 20 pounds force)