Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President & General Manager, Portland Operations, Government/Defense Electro-Optical Sensor Technologies
at FLIR Systems
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This position has full P&L responsibility for a >$200M business that delivers integrated sensor products to customers around the world. The products developed and manufactured in this business are integrated sensor products that support military, law enforcement and public safety applications delivered on land, maritime and airborne platforms. This position owns full bookings, sales and profit responsibility for this business area and owns the business strategy and IR&D investments that are made in future capabilities. The focus of this position is to evolve the strategy, focus on executing/delivering on product development plans and drive growth.
- Provide overall leadership and foster a culture that operates ethically with honesty, integrity, and respect. Embody the FLIR principles of Be Bold, Be Ambitious, and Be Brave. Ensure that actions embody the culture of G&D and maximizes collaboration across the broader company (One FLIR). Conduct employee/team development and mentoring to ensure the staff has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully performs its mission. Implement succession planning to provide for long term leadership and competency in all key areas
- Work with engineering to instill predictable and repeatable development cycle that consistently meets schedules and delivery commitments while meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Match the product and technology roadmap to the strategic business plan, providing a disciplined approach that ensures resources are optimally leveraged and deployed. They will work with manufacturing to improve financial metrics
- Drive high performance standards across the operation, developing and hiring great talent, identifying and implementing programs for filling any gaps that may exist, developing a strong team, and consistent execution to plan that drives growth
- Proven success leading a global technology / defense / commercial oriented business at the GM or VP level, in an organization that has demonstrated sustained growth in excess of $200M in revenue
- Experience in the electro-optical sensing field is desired but not required
- Experience in fostering program-based customer relationships
- Operations management for production of electronic products
- Demonstrated experience and capability to manage $200M+ multi-site international high technology manufacturing operations. Specific areas of a demonstrated proficiency include:
- Familiarity with platforms, markets (both new and existing), OEMs and customers where FLIR can obtain market leadership and take share
- Experience in supporting the product development and manufacturing requirements for customer funded projects is required
- Experience in executing government sub-contracts as a supplier to prime government contractors is desired; existing OEM relationships is a plus
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance
- Experience in negotiating long-term contracts with material impact on the business
- A solid financial background, to include budgeting, forecasting, reporting and modeling of a $200M+ line of business is required
- Familiarity and experience pursuing and winning franchise programs both domestically and internationally
- Strong business development, sales and growth related experience
- Visible and engaging leader and change agent. Brings passion to the role and energy to the group
- Strong bias for action and decisiveness
- Exudes humble confidence with courage of his/her own convictions, and a level of situational self-awareness to listen, take advice and foster a culture of continued innovation
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business; an MBA or other Master’s degree is strongly desired
This role is based in Wilsonville, Oregon and will require relocation to Wilsonville.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes technologies that enhance perception and awareness. We bring innovative sensing solutions into daily life through our thermal imaging systems, visible-light imaging systems, locator systems, measurement and diagnostic systems, and advanced threat detection systems.
FLIR Systems offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment that provides for a challenging career and the ability to achieve professional growth. It is the talent of our employees that sets us apart as the technology and market leader in the infrared community.