Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President Engineering, Electro-Optical Sensor Technologies
at FLIR Systems
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Responsible for overseeing the development, implementation and improvement of company engineering processes with a concentration on product development, project management, intellectual property development and expansion of overall system engineering capabilities.
Timely plan development and presentation to leadership is critical to success in this position.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate competency in decision-making, flexibility, planning and organizing, initiative, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 7–10 years’ experience in a high level engineering leadership role
- Experience managing a project management system
- Experience managing the development of integrated electro-mechanical systems
- Experience managing a product development system (stage gate preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the company
- Proficient in data collection, analysis, and presentations
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access and the Internet
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or Engineering
- Experience with military hardware and government customers
- Experience with development/implementation of an intellectual property program
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems development such as: radars, cameras, GPS and lasers
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes technologies that enhance perception and awareness. We bring innovative sensing solutions into daily life through our thermal imaging systems, visible-light imaging systems, locator systems, measurement and diagnostic systems, and advanced threat detection systems.
FLIR Systems offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment that provides for a challenging career and the ability to achieve professional growth. It is the talent of our employees that sets us apart as the technology and market leader in the infrared community.