Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Financial Analyst – Government and Defense/Aerospace Programs - Wilsonville, OR
at FLIR Systems
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This is an opportunity to join FLIR’s Government & Defense business unit in the Senior Program Analyst role for Airborne Programs. This key program area serves a variety of domestic and international customers with a variety of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance products (ISR), thermal sensors and related integrated solutions. The Senior Program Analyst role is a critical support position to the Business Manager within the Sensors Line of Business. This role will be an expert analyst and advisor responsible for planning, analyzing, evaluating, and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of programs and operations. The position requires proactive interaction with Program Directors, Program Managers, and representatives from finance and contracts teams to ensure alignment regarding strategy, operating and financial objectives. The portfolio is complex and consists of Domestic and International contracts, cost and fixed-type contracts, and includes scope ranging from development, to production, to services. The position will report directly to the Sensors Business Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support government and operational programs with data driven analysis. Use technical knowledge of mission-oriented policies and procedures to meet the needs and gain the acceptance and cooperation of multiple levels of organizational leadership.
- Ensure adequate financial controls that provide a balance between finance goals and operation's goals.
- Prepare inputs, artifacts, and outputs for monthly operating reviews, program earned value, Equivalent Annual Cost (EACs), financial overviews and other reporting activities as required.
- Support the monthly close process, including results and variance analysis.
- Prepare data and analysis to support business cases and Return on Investment (ROI) analysis in support of new business.
- Support cost strategy efforts and proposals for accuracy and completeness.
- Support and analysis related to pricing including capture comprehensive and accurate costs for bids (product and otherwise), and propose cash positive payment milestones.
- US Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience in program evaluation, budget analysis, contract and amendments, research and analysis in Government Acquisitions, Defense and Aerospace Industry, Corporate Finance, Contracts Management, and/or Systems Engineering or comparable technical discipline.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and briefing leadership on program status.
- Demonstrated experience in calculating Percent Complete, Over Time Revenue Recognition, Earned Value Management, Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) billing including milestone as well as creating comprehensive program financials.
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools.
- Excellent business & finance acumen, extensive understanding of the business, key business drivers, strategy, and interconnectivity of financials.
- Experience with current DoD regulations associated with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Proficiency with MRP/ERP systems, specifically SAP, preferred.
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills preferred.
- Professional certification in Program Management discipline (PMI or equivalent), preferred.
- Able and willing to travel up to 25%.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes technologies that enhance perception and awareness. We bring innovative sensing solutions into daily life through our thermal imaging systems, visible-light imaging systems, locator systems, measurement and diagnostic systems, and advanced threat detection systems.
FLIR Systems offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment that provides for a challenging career and the ability to achieve professional growth. It is the talent of our employees that sets us apart as the technology and market leader in the infrared community.