Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Manager/Finance – Government and Defense/Aerospace Program Cost Analysis- Willsonville, OR
at FLIR Systems
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This is an opportunity to join FLIR’s Government & Defense business unit as the Business Manager for Airborne Programs. This key program area serves a variety of domestic and international customers with a variety of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance products (ISR), thermal sensors, and related integrated solutions. The Business Manager role is a critical leadership position within the Sensors Line of Business. This role will be key in positioning the business for continued growth, developing cross-functional relationships, and providing guidance and influence across FLIR’s Sensors businesses. The selected individual will be responsible for all aspects of business management and program finance activities, as well as lead and develop a team of Program Analysts. The position will report directly to the Sensors VP of Finance and will manage a Program Analyst.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position requires proactive leadership and significant interaction with Program Directors, Program Managers, and representatives from finance and contracts teams to ensure alignment regarding strategy, operating and financial objectives. The Business Manager is a business partner to various functional teams and collaborates on the successful capture/execution of proposals, gate reviews, contract negotiations, financial reporting and EACs. The portfolio is complex and consists of Domestic and International contracts, cost- and fixed-type contracts, and includes scope ranging from development, to production, to services.
- A successful candidate must be able to work within deadlines, deliver on commitments, and hold teams accountable. This position requires the ability to provide top level program planning and control guidance as well as the ability to summarize, package, and present information to all levels of management. As a business partner, the successful candidate will collaborate with the Program Director and the functional leads to ensure the successful execution of quarterly Equivalent Annual Cost (EACs), monthly operating reviews, as well as Annual Operation Planning (AOP), forecasting and maintenance.
- Ensure adequate financial controls that provide a balance between finance goals and operation's goals.
- Prepare and/or review inputs, artifacts, and outputs for monthly operating reviews, program earned value, EACs, financial overviews and other reporting activities as required.
- Support the monthly close process, including results and variance analysis.
- Perform business case analysis and Return on Investment (ROI) analysis in support of new business.
- Lead cost strategy efforts and proposals for accuracy and completeness.
- Lead the development of annual operating plans and related analysis and coordinate the accumulation and presentation of nonfinancial data.
- 10+ years applicable work experience in Program Finance or Business Management.
- Prior work experience within the Government & Defense industry is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience managing Fixed Price and Cost-type contracts.
- Experience with current DoD regulations associated with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- ERP experience; SAP experience is preferred.
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Able and willing to travel up to 25%.
Only US Citizens or Green Card holders can be considered for this role.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes technologies that enhance perception and awareness. We bring innovative sensing solutions into daily life through our thermal imaging systems, visible-light imaging systems, locator systems, measurement and diagnostic systems, and advanced threat detection systems.
FLIR Systems offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment that provides for a challenging career and the ability to achieve professional growth. It is the talent of our employees that sets us apart as the technology and market leader in the infrared community.