Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analytics Specialist - West Coast (Remote)
at Dell Inc.
Data Analytics Specialist - West Coast - Remote
Dell EMC, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. The Dell North America Commercial Channel is one of the fastest growing organizations within the Dell family. We are currently looking for a Data Analytics Specialist to join our team covering the West Coast. This role is Remote based.
The Dell EMC Data Analytics Specialist is a quota-carrying, technical sales resource focused on driving revenue & margin of Dell Data Analytics Solutions. Our team is focused on modern architectures like Hadoop, No-SQL, and Splunk. We focus on Engineered Solutions, Reference Architectures and bespoke solutions. Our aim is to rescue our customers from the competition and capture as much value in the process. We are looking for a Data Analytics Specialist to be based on the West Coast.
We represent the totality of Dell EMC ecosystem: from infrastructure to services and 3rd party software. Since the Data Analytics team is relatively small and strategic, it is also important to build capabilities in others inside of Dell EMC and strategic partners (System Integrations, Value Added Resellers, etc.). In this way, a smart Data Analytics Specialist will exploit these resources to extend their reach. As the business grows, the selling capability in others must also grow.
- Retire revenue & margin goals by creating & nurturing opportunities on your own or developing others to do the same
- Build a robust pipeline of opportunities that reflect market trends, competitor's behaviors, and customer dynamics
- Persuade customers on both business and technical merit while differentiating Dell EMC
- Help Dell EMC account teams position the best solution possible: solve it in the best way for the customer and not someone else's quota.
- Orchestrate solution proposal in close partnership with all Dell EMC & partner resources (technology alliance partners, SI, VARs)
- Advise account teams on actions needed to successfully progress opportunities to close
- Orchestrate other resources such as Dell EMC Consulting, Deployment teams, License Specialists, or Alliance Managers
- 5 years' experience in selling data analytic solutions
- Excellent enterprise selling skills: building relationships, closing deals; working through objections; tying technology back to business challenges
- Technical knowledge of modern data analytic solution: how technology affects business outcomes; popular software; certified server and storage technologies, application workload management, along with future trends
- Superb professional skills: communication from highest level vision to the lowest level; and the ability to program manage a diverse set of resources to deliver
- Comfortable in collaborating as a virtual team member particularly around cross-functions
- Must live close to a Major Airport and be willing to travel up to 50%
- BA/BS or post graduate degree from accredited college or university in a related field of study, or work experience equivalent
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past of present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us! For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers