Davis Wright Tremaine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Practice Support Analyst
at Davis Wright Tremaine
- 920 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3300Seattle, WA
- 1300 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 2400Portland, OR
- 865 South Figueroa St., Suite 2400Los Angeles, CA
- 505 Montgomery St., Suite 800San Francisco, CA
- 188 West Northern Lights Blvd., Suite 1100Anchorage, AK
- 1251 Avenue of the Americas, 21st FloorNew York, NY
- 1919 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Suite 800Washington, DC
The Practice Support Analyst (“PSA”) provides eDiscovery and practice technology support to legal teams at Davis Wright Tremaine. PSAs utilize their knowledge and technical expertise in data processing, data ingestion, database management, data manipulation and conversion, imaging and document productions. PSAs may also be involved in receiving, preserving and processing data to firm specifications for document review, ensuring quality control of work completed with the source data. Practice Support Analysts are also called upon to collaborate with colleagues, managers, and legal teams to identify and develop solutions to issues involving litigation practice support technologies and processes. PSAs may also provide project management services to legal teams, including advising on technical eDiscovery issues, implementing advanced document review features within Relativity, and/or creating necessary platforms for legal team document reviews.
If you are looking to join a best in class Litigation Practice Support team and have a deep understanding of back-end Relativity processes, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
In this role, you will:
Platform (Relativity) Support
- Process and load data/documents into Relativity for review, including handling exceptions and ensuring preservation of information
- Support primary aspects of Relativity, specifically:
- Creating firm standardized workspaces
- Processing documents
- Loading documents
- Creating custom views and layouts as directed or identified by legal teams and/or document review teams
- Assisting with document searches
- Preparing document productions and exporting final deliverables
- Support advanced features of Relativity, including:
- Email threading and batch review
- Conceptual analytics
- Security access settings
- Various analyses of documents and metadata
- Native redaction and other advanced tools
- Custom workflows and/or scripts
- Technical troubleshooting
- Provide insight and support for other firm practice support software programs, such as Case Dynamics; CaseNotebook; and social media, web page, and video capture tools
- Track and manage projects and enter time for work completed
- Actively participate the firm’s practice support central queue to ensure coverage for all firm practice support requests
- Acts as end-user interface to provide helpful insight with questions related to Relativity and/or other litigation support software tools
- Work with legal teams and Practice Support Project Managers to define parameters on projects
- Understand, contribute, improve, and evangelize department practices and procedures
- Harness creativity and collaboration with team members to innovate and solve litigation support challenges
- Dedication to self-education regarding eDiscovery industry news, technologies, and other practice support topics
- Work as a key member of the practice support department to improve firm-wide procedures and practices across the firm
Join us if you have:
- In-depth knowledge and capabilities operating litigation technology systems and platforms, with specific emphasis in Relativity
- Strong organizational and technical skills with litigation support tasks such as searching, review, and document productions
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing, especially in response to requests for information
- Initiative and positive attitude with the ability to anticipate issues and exercise mindful and productive responses
- Solid problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail and pride of workmanship
- Keen desire to learn in a continuously evolving and developing technology-based landscape
- Ability to complete and manage tasks independently or with minimal supervision
- Handle stressful situations in a calm and composed manner while working under tight deadlines to complete projects accurately, quickly and efficiently
- Collaborates and interacts as a key team member of the practice support group, supports colleagues and works towards the betterment of the department and the firm as a whole
- Relativity certifications considered a plus
A Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related work experience in a legal support profession, or equivalent is highly preferred, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.