Crook County School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Instructional Assistant
at Crook County School District
SUBSTITUTE INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT
START DATE: TBD
DAYS & HOURS: On-call position; days & hours will vary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the general supervision of a program teacher and/or administrator, provides supported educational services in classrooms, resource centers, or other program related areas; functioning without direct guidelines or supervision within established perimeters when appropriate. Duties and responsibilities depend on class/program assignments and may include participating in physical management. Reports to designated teacher, building principal and/or program supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS: Highly qualified designation required (two years of post-secondary study (90 quarter credits), or an Associate’s Degree, or verification of other acceptable Paraprofessional Testing); two years of school related experience preferable; ability to relate well to students, staff and public; accurately transfer, record and convey information; basic knowledge of school rules and procedures; basic knowledge of computer technology and other equipment used in the work place as required. Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal history background check.
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Instructional Assistant II – Special Education
Work Days: As Assigned
Reports to: Classroom Teacher/ Building or Program Administrator
FLSA Status: Classified – Non-Exempt
Under the general supervision of a special education teacher and/or administrator provides supported educational services in classrooms, resource centers, or other program related areas. Duties and responsibilities depend on class/program assignments and may include participating in physical management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and assist students either individually or in small groups in regular and special education classes and other school related activities as assigned.
- May work on a more in-depth basis with individual students and/or the supervising teacher to develop individual lesson plans and strategies for maximizing learning experiences for individual students in a specialized field of education.
- May administer informational assessment instruments, score objective tests and papers and keep appropriate records for teachers.
- Confer, as needed, with teachers, resource staff and other school personnel concerning programs and materials to meet student needs.
- Alerts teacher to any special problems or information concerning students in assigned program.
- Participate in parent conferences when invited by the supervising teacher.
- Participate in meetings to share information about program to which assigned when invited by supervising teacher.
- May assist students with physical therapy and medical emergencies following established therapy and medical protocols established for individual students.
- Manages student behavior across setting using consistent and positive intervention strategies.
- Assist in addressing the emotional and physical needs that may require dressing, toileting, feeding, positive discipline, or other responsibilities as per teacher instruction.
- Participates with teachers and specialists to assist with developing and evaluating student educational goals and objectives.
- Operates a variety of office equipment as needed, including a computer and copier.
- Performs clerical support duties as required.
- Able to access, input, retrieve information from a computer and key 30 wpm.
- Able to learn assigned tasks readily, with minimal supervision, and follow established routines and procedures.
- Fulfill other related duties as assigned.
- Fulfill performance standards identified in the evaluation process as required by the position.
- Fulfill working conditions and physical effort listed below.
- Two years of post-secondary study, or
- An Associate’s Degree, or
- A passing score on a state or local academic assessment that measures knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing and mathematics.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of school related experience preferable
- Demonstrate a strong ability to relate well to students, staff and public.
- Accurately transfer, record and convey information.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately both in oral and written form in accordance with educational standards.
- Adhere to the federal requirements of a drug-free work place.
- Basic knowledge of school rules and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of computer technology and other equipment used in the work place, as required by the position.
- Knowledge of clerical skills such as typing, operating office machines and organizing files. Familiarity with test scoring and recording.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Length of Work Year: Days to be assigned. Length of Work Day: To be assigned
- Possess the physical ability to regularly attend work and fulfill the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lifting may be required.
- Work with students having a variety of handicapping conditions in large or small groups or 1:1.
- Supervise students across a variety of learning environments both indoors and outdoors.
- May be required to deal with bodily fluid spills.
- May be required to remove clothing soiled by human waste.
- Maybe required to assist in cleaning students.
- Work requires standing and moving rapidly for prolonged periods of time.
- Works closely with students and can be physically and emotionally demanding.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contact of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
If hired, you will be required to read and sign this job description.
Job Contact Information
Monday, July 15, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)