Crook County School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Crook County School District
START DATE: September 3, 2019
DAYS & HOURS: Variable - On Call Position
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Substitute School Custodian
Work Days: 260
Reports To: Lead Custodian
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide a clean and safe environment for the school's students. Reports to Lead Custodian.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fills a position designated for School Custodian.
- Performs all general cleaning duties, including, but not inclusive of:
- Working from prepared work schedule, sweep, scrub, wash and polish floors and vacuum rugs and carpets.
- Clean and dust walls, furniture, woodwork and other surfaces.
- Pick up paper and other refuse on grounds, sweep walks and entrances to building.
- Wash, scrub and disinfect rest rooms.
- Clean windows, door glass, drinking fountains, sinks, window sills, and blinds.
- Empty and clean waste containers, replace light bulbs.
- Assist in moving and rearranging chairs, tables, desks, furniture and other fixtures and equipment.
- Sets up & cleans up cafeteria as required.
- Perform minor maintenance and repair of custodial equipment.
- Correct and/or report safety, sanitary and fire hazards when observed.
- Assist in the complete cleaning and routine maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment during breaks and non-student days.
- Assist in securing the buildings at the end of each shift.
- Perform basic computer skills.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Fulfill performance standards identified in the evaluation process as required by the position.
- Fulfill working conditions and physical effort listed below.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Able to relate well to students, staff and public.
- Read, understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions.
- Adhere to the federal requirements of a drug-free work place.
- Able to perform custodial functions at the rate expected of custodians in the same building.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Possess the physical ability to regularly attend work and fulfill the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lift, move, or be able to carry objects weighing 60 lbs.
- Use cleaning materials and equipment.
- Responsibilities may require the employee to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Able to work from scaffolding and an 8’ ladder.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
Job Contact Information
Monday, July 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)