Crook County School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Cafeteria Attendant
at Crook County School District
SUBSTITUTE CAFETERIA ATTENDANT
LOCATION: Nutrition Services Department
START DATE: TBD
HOURS & DAYS: On-call position as needed; days, hours and location will vary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Nutrition Services Cafeteria Lead, The NS Cafeteria Attendant assists in the efficient operation of the National School Breakfast & National School Lunch Program at their assigned school site. In addition, NS Cafeteria Attendant may help to direct several student workers; and performs additional food preparation, serving, and cleaning duties.
REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum one year experience in Food Service required, preferably School Food Service. Courses in food service production, sanitation & safety desirable. Must have, or be able to obtain, current food handler’s permit and valid Oregon driver’s license with reliable transportation. Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, background check and pre-employment drug screening.
COMPLETE CAFETERIA ATTENDANT JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the direction of the Nutrition Services Cafeteria Lead, The NS Cafeteria Attendant assists in the efficient operation of the National School Breakfast & National School Lunch Program at their assigned school site. In addition, NS Cafeteria Attendant may help to direct several student workers; and performs additional food preparation, serving, and cleaning duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist where needed in daily operations of site as follows:
- Set up student meal serving facilities for operation each day.
- Maintain standards of efficiency, sanitation and safety throughout the Food Service Department.
- Cook food in a timely manner to ensure food is as fresh as possible.
- Cook, portion, assemble and serve large volume of entrees transported from Central Kitchen in a timely manner.
- Prepare salads, fruit and vegetables for salad bar.
- Ensure food service areas are stocked at all times: condiment station, utensils, etc.
- Operate POS system, receive cash & meal account deposits, and helps keep required records.
- Order, inventory and store salad bar and cafeteria supplies.
- Participate in cleaning of utensils, dishes, trays, and cafeteria and kitchen equipment.
- Communicates with parents and staff as necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Able to relate well to students, staff and public.
- Read, understand and carry out written and/or oral instructions.
- Be able to perform basic arithmetic.
- Adhere to the Federal requirements of a drug-free workplace.
- Possess knowledge and ability to perform the basic operation of the Food Service program including:
- Basic understanding of the preparation, cooking and serving of student meals in large volume.
- Keep necessary records in an accurate manner.
- Adhere to proper food handling and kitchen sanitation procedures at all times.
- Employ proper methods of cleaning and maintaining food service areas.
- Work effectively with minimum supervision.
- One year experience in food service, preferably in a school Food Service program.
- Possess or be able to obtain a First Aid and CPR certification.
- Possess or be able to obtain an Oregon Food Handlers card.
- Courses in food service preparation, sanitation and safety desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Food preparation environment subject to heat, cold and loud equipment noise.
- Possess the physical ability to regularly attend work and fulfill the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lift, move and be able to carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Responsibilities require the ability to stand for long periods of time.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contact of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
Job Contact Information
Monday, July 15, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)