Crook County School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
JV Boys Soccer Coach - Crook County High School
at Crook County School District
JV BOYS SOCCER COACH
LOCATION: Crook County High School
START DATE: August 26, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must have successful coaching experience (high school level preferred). Candidates must also be willing to complete trainings mandated by the OSAA PRIOR to working with CCSD athletes: NFHS’s Fundamentals of Coaching, Anabolic Steroids, Concussion Management, Guide to Heat Acclimatization. Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal history background check.
DESIRED QUALITIES: 1st Aid Card or ability to obtain one. Make connections with students and families, positive example for school community in public, able to recruit and maintain players. Excellent communication skills, punctual, responsible, organized and motivational. Able to execute a “game plan”.
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION:
All coaches are paid on the extra duty schedule for time involved in activities normally occurring after school hours.* It is understood that many responsibilities inherent in coaching require extra hours without additional compensation. The extra duty schedule has been developed to compensate a coach for some of the extra time involved in after-school work.
This position is directly responsible to the Athletic Director. The Coach will provide the leadership for the control over students participating in the sports programs.
- Previous coaching experience at the JV and/or Varsity level
- Knowledge of the applicable sport with playing experience preferred
- Ability to work with high school students
- Possess effective communication skills
- Have, or be able to obtain, all OSAA and NFHS certifications and trainings
- Be available for daily practices and games
- 1-3 years of coaching experience at the high school level or beyond
- Experience working with high school students
- Capable and knowledgeable with regard to fundraising
- Understanding of OSAA rules and regulations
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work with individuals and large groups, including parents, community members and boosters
The Coach shall:
- Maintain accurate inventories and arrange for proper issuance of cleaning of equipment. Assume responsibility for the care, marking and security of equipment, supplies and physical properties used by participants in the sport.
- Maintain facilities in such a manner as to be usable and safe.
- Set up well-organized practice schedules so that staff and participants are well-informed and make the best use of the practice time. Assume responsibility for scheduling of practices.
- Maintain effective communication with the entire coaching staff, students, parents, school staff members and media.
- Cooperate with the Athletic Director in matters of scheduling, finances, purchasing and athletic eligibility of student athletes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to district Athletic Handbook and school athletic philosophy and policies.
- Supervise assistant coaches (where applicable) in such a way that they will be aware of their responsibilities at all times and maintain the standards required of all coaches regarding administration, coaching performance and responsibilities, and professional qualities. Determine the system of play to be used, and coordinate the work of assistant coaches.
- Supervise the athletes in such a way that they will be aware of practice and game responsibilities, rules, strategy, and goals. Ensure constant supervision at all times of athletes while attending athletic functions, including practices and games.
- Demonstrate and teach the skills necessary for athletics to succeed.
- Assure that all necessary steps are taken to prevent injuries and maintain adequate training and/or trained assistants to deal with the care of injuries that may occur. Ensure assistant coaches have completed required trainings prior to start of season.
- Demonstrate self-control and poise at practices and in game situations.
- Maintain a high standard in the classroom while the sport season and practices is in progress.
- Support the entire athletic program by encouraging participation in all sports, by attending other athletic events, and by upholding the values of athletics throughout the school year.
- Prepare, and work within, a budget to support the athletic program and submit to the Athletic Director. (if applicable)
- Ensure that all teams under his/her immediate direction represent their school in such a manner that their conduct and appearance is beyond reproach.
- Instill a playing style and attitude in his/her teams that causes them to actively seek success.
- Emphasize the importance of good scholarship and citizenship as an athlete and follow up on the progress of each individual in these areas.
- Represent his/her team and school in a professional manner and work to resolve differences with officials, scorekeepers, staff, other coaches, parents, and members of the audience constructively without damage to the coaches’, teams’ or schools’ reputation.
- Hold a current first aid card and practice appropriate procedures in the event of emergencies.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as required by the position or as directed by the immediate supervisor.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions, or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify, or delete any aspect of this (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
*Because of the financial situation that exists in the district, some coaching salaries are fundraised. Coaches’ salaries are independently determined in negotiations between Athletic Directors and coaches to determine the amount of coaching salary received (up to the amount specified in the collective bargaining agreement).
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, August 21, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)