Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Columbia Helicopters
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: c6c79b89-cc2d-488c-90d1-f4ec10ea1ae2
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interprets maintenance manuals, or other technical data to determine the feasibility and method to perform the assigned tasks.
- Properly documents all inspection findings and work performed/corrective action in the appropriate maintenance records to meet established standards.
- Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control.
- Performs work safely and utilizes the appropriate technical data for the assigned task.
- Monitors and supports continuous improvement activities by utilizing Lean and continuous improvement tools striving to identify and eliminate waste in all its forms in an effort to improve quality and safety, decrease lead time and reduce cost.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manual machining required
- Large Jig Bore experience a plus (not required)
- CNC skills a plus (not required)
- Prior machining experience in aviation industry preferred
- Training and experience utilizing Lean methods in a production environment
- Ability to locate, read and follow the technical data appropriate for the assigned task
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs
- Ability to work in a shop environment or work outdoors locally or in remote locations as needed for customer support
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values