Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Small Business Loan Processor
at Columbia Bank
Job TitleSmall Business Loan Processor
Responsible for various post credit approval, collateral eligibility and support functions related to small business loans. Primary responsibilities include verification of underwriting approval conditions, including but not limited to income verification; collateral value and eligibility determination; coordination and placing orders for appraisals, title, flood and environmental reports; work with internal and external resources to clear lien perfection concerns; prepare loan closing document orders; collateral perfection in accordance with Columbia Bank loan policy and procedure; provide exemplary customer service and support to all Retail and Commercial Loan Officers.
- Performs complex loan verification duties related to credit underwriting approval conditions and collateral lien perfection
- Expert in all areas of post approval support
- Reviews and resolves complex appraisal, title, flood and environmental concerns related to collateral lien perfection
- Works professionally with internal and external resources related to lien perfection
- Authors SBLC department procedures
- Fully versed in Regulatory Compliance related to small business loan origination
- Monitors the post approval pipeline to ensure loans progress towards closing
- Provide expert knowledge and direction for special requests, complex problems or complaints
- Documents file progression to keep all interested parties informed
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED
- 5+ years in Loan Support
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple duties to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Proven self-starter with willingness to accept additional responsibilities as opportunities arise
- Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment. Mentors and trains team members
- Advanced research and problem solving capabilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Computer Skills - Windows, MS Word, Excel
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and positive attitude with team members and clients
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community: We firmly believe that we're only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions