Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Addictions Counselor (Behavioral Health Specialist)
at Coda Automotive
Addictions Counselor Behavioral Health Specialist
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide Substance Use Disorder focused individual counseling
- Provide engaging patient education, cognitive behavioral, psycho-education, early recovery oriented and relapse prevention group therapies
- Assertive coordination of care with adjunct medical and other service providers
- Application of motivational interviewing techniques and case management to promote engagement in treatment
- Some knowledge of how to integrate mental health and substance use needs for a complete treatment experience
- Crisis management utilizing effective clinical judgement to support a safe and trauma informed treatment environment
Required Education and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology or closely related field
- Minimum of 30 semester hours of coursework in addictions, psychology, or related subjects.
- Prior experience applying principles of Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma Informed Care
- Prior experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
Required Certifications and Licenses
- Must be a registered CADC candidate at time of onboarding
- CADC-I within two years
All CODA facilities are drug-free and smoke-free worksites. Employees may not be serving any supervised parole or probation. Individuals must be able to demonstrate continuous abstinence under independent living conditions in the past 2 years.
CODA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.