Clean Water Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Clean Water Services
|Salary:||$94,496.00 - $129,933.00 Annually |
|Job Type:||Regular Full-Time|
|Location:||Administrative Building Complex, 2550 SW Hillsboro Highway, Hillsboro, Oregon|
|The Finance and Accounting Division is seeking a Controller. The Controller manages and coordinates the programs and activities relating to financial reporting and accounting functions. Oversees compliance with statutory, regulatory and financial accounting requirements, and financial policies and procedures for the District. Supervises accounting staff, manages the reports of the District's financial position and performance, and prepares financial cost analyses and accounting related to the District's operations. |
|(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at its discretion. Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions.)|
1. Manages the work of technical, professional and supervisory staff. Oversee staff development and performance including selection and training; preparation of performance appraisals, and development or improvement plans; resolves complaints and grievances; implements disciplinary actions.
2. Guides the development, modification, and implementation of the District's procedures and policies as they relate to financial information, accounting, financial reporting and internal controls.
3. Participates in the development and modification of department priorities, goals, objectives, and policies; establish department initiatives and standards.
4. Oversees the preparation and administration of the District's Comprehensive Annual Financial Reporting (CAFR) planning, communication and delivery. Prepares and supervises the preparation of financial statements and various financial analyses and reports; conduct and direct monthly and year-end closings and coordinate external audits by Certified Public Accountants.
5. Conducts surveys, analyses, and evaluations of procedural and operational accounting systems and problems; recommends modifications and improvements.
6. Manage the District's financial management information system; evaluate user needs, design modifications, coordinate training, and coordinate usage of the system.
7. Provide advice and interpretations of laws, regulations and professional standards affecting fiscal activities and related operations; prepares and implements finance related policies and procedures.
8. Keep CFO informed regarding work progress, including present and potential work issues and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such issues.
9. Safeguard the accuracy and integrity of the District's accounting information.
|KNOWLEDGE OF: |
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the KSAs would be:
Increasingly responsible supervisory or managerial experience;
Extensive experience in financial management, including accounting, auditing, economic or financial analysis and reporting;
Customarily candidates will possess a Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration, or a related field.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
Upon selection, candidate must possess and maintain a valid State issued driver's license.