City of Medford
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Manager - Day Camp
at City of Medford
The Medford Parks and Recreation Department has exciting opportunities and are looking for energetic, enthusiastic, and reliable Program Leaders for our 2019 Day camps. The Program Leader will serve as a camp counselor for children ages 5-12, carrying out activities assigned by the camp director to ensure a positive and safe camp experience for participants. This recruitment is to hire several part-time positions.
- Paid sick leave
- 24 hour fitness center
- Typical Job Duties
The following functions are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Employees may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Direct youth in games, sports, and enrichment activities at the parks.
- Enforces departmental rules and policies.
- Supervise facility and programs ensuring the safety of participants and staff.
- Administers general first aid.
- Completes written reports of accidents and incidents that occur during recreation activities.
- Assist in the general cleaning and upkeep of facilities.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the public.
- Uses principles of good customer service.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Job Qualifications
- 16 years of age or older by date of hire.
- Available to work a maximum of 24 hours a week from June 10th – August 23rd.
- One or more years of customer service experience in a sports, recreation, fitness and/or enrichment industry.
- Must attend Camp Staff training June 5th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Santo Community Center.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment, and/or supplies required for the assigned activity up to 50 pounds.
- Current Red Cross CPR/First Aid certification or the ability to obtain it (classes offered onsite at no cost). CPR Class for hired staff will be June 6 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Santo Community Center.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm with the ability to communicate professionally with participants.
- Ability to work in a team environment and cooperate with co-workers.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, intense noises and travel.
- Supplemental Information
- To Apply: City of Medford employment application must be completed via the City's website www.cityofmedford.org by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 24, 2019. The City of Medford complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you consider yourself disabled and desire assistance in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department by telephone: (541) 774-2010 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed by the Parks & Recreation Department. Candidates most closely meeting the City's needs will be referred for interview with final appointment by the City Manager. Selected candidate must provide proof of legal right to work in this country. Hiring will be subject to favorable pre-employment exam, including criminal history background, favorable driving record, and drug screen. Selection procedures and time lines are subject to change.