City of Medford
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parking Garage Custodian
at City of Medford
- Part-time, 24 hours per week
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Part-time benefits include:
- Oregon PERS retirement contributions
- Paid sick leave
- 24 hour fitness center
**Hiring will be subject to a favorable criminal history police background check and driving record. Must be able to pass a physical and drug screen.
- Typical Job Duties
Parking District Cleaning (for multiple locations):
- Perform landscape maintenance.
- Cleans restrooms.
- Removes trash and ground litter in parking lots and parking garages.
- Open/close restrooms.
- Work in right-of-way areas.
- Job Qualifications
- One year of experience in a custodial/janitorial role; and
- Graduation from high school, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Able to interact with public and handle confrontations.
- Knowledge of power tools, leaf blower, hedge trimmer, chainsaw and pressure washers.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Valid driver's license by date of hire. New employees establishing resident status in the State of Oregon must obtain an Oregon driver's license within 30 days (ORS 807.020 (1)).
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability to work early morning weekend shifts.
- Must pass extensive Police background check and maintain clearance throughout duration of employment.
Positions in this class typically require: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting or lifting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force or lifting frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force or lifting constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be exposed to: moving mechanical parts, electrical components and/or equipment, vibrations, environmental conditions with office equipment such as fumes and odors from office supplies or equipment, dusts, poor or restricted ventilation, chemicals, oils, perfumes worn by customers or co-workers. Employee will be provided with required safety training and personal protective equipment (PPE) for working in these environments.
- Supplemental Information
To Apply: City of Medford employment application must be completed online via the City's website www.cityofmedford.org. Position is open until filled. The City of Medford complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you consider yourself disabled and desire assistance in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department by telephone: (541) 774-2010 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed by the Parks, Recreation, and Facilities Department. Candidates most closely meeting the City's needs will be referred for interview and other testing procedures with final appointment by the City Manager. Selection procedures and time lines subject to change. Those selected must be able to provide proof of legal right to work in this country. Hiring will be subject to a favorable pre-employment exam, including an extensive criminal history background investigation, driving record, physical and drug screen.