City of Medford
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Medford
Two openings available. The Court Specialist performs various technical, administrative and clerical functions in order to support the operations and services of the Municipal Court, which includes the preparation and maintenance of records and all documents and processes related to cases and actions of the court. This position reports to the Municipal Court Clerk. (Up to 10% additional salary differential for certification, education, or bilingual in Spanish/English).
Exciting full-time opportunity with a generous comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical, vision, dental with minimal or no monthly premium cost for family coverage
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- HRA-VEBA medical savings account contributions
- Oregon PERS retirement contributions
- 457 Deferred compensation for retirement planning
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending (FSA)
- Aflac and LegalShield voluntary products
- On-site 24 hour fitness center and wellness program
Medford is one of the most beautiful areas of the Pacific Northwest and is located in Jackson County, Oregon. Situated in the heart of the scenic Rogue Valley, Medford, population 81,000, is the hub of Oregon's fourth-largest metropolitan area. Located along I-5 in southern Oregon, just 20 miles from the California border, Medford is surrounded by breathtaking mountains in a region featuring world-class outdoor recreation opportunities, including Crater Lake National Park and the Oregon Coast. As the largest city between Eugene and Sacramento, Medford is a growing city with a high quality of life, a growing economy and a moderate climate.
**Please attach a resume and cover letter at the time you submit your application in order to be considered. Computer and clerical testing assessment will be conducted during interview process.
- Typical Job Duties
These duties are a representative example; position assignments may vary depending on the business needs of the department and organization. This position:
- Provides general and technical administrative support to the Municipal Court and all Court activities. Prepares and processes documents, reports and correspondence files. Answers phones, processes mail, files, etc.
- Uses exceptional interpersonal communication and customer service skills to support clients and defuse and resolve issues for difficult, sometimes angry/hostile customers.
- Executes the timely processing of pending cases, which includes preparation of the Court Docket: the scheduling of appearances, execution of warrants, subpoenas, writs, orders and notices.
- Processes the collection, receipt, and transfer of fines, monies, and other funds that pass through the Court system.
- Responds to inquiries and provides assistance to the public and City personnel regarding routine requests for Court related matters and information.
- Scope of assigned area will depend on departmental and/or citywide operational structure and is at the discretion of the Supervisor.
- Upholds the values of the organization and has strong customer service orientation.
- Must have the ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
- Must be honest and truthful in all tasks and responsibilities.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Job Qualifications
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in the principles, policies and practices of office administration; and
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in business management, business administration, public administration or other related degree; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Current technical/professional knowledge of complex principles, methods, standards and techniques associated with the scope of work of a recognized profession.
- Public sector work experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Use computer and other office equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Possession of licenses and/or certifications associated with the assignment.
- Ability to obtain Law Enforcement Data Systems (LEDS) certification within six months of employment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) clearance within six months of employment.
- May require possession of a valid driver's license by date of hire. New employees establishing resident status in the State of Oregon must obtain an Oregon driver's license within 30 days (ORS 807.020 (1)).
- Requires completion of a background investigation to the satisfaction of the City.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, intense noises and travel.
- Supplemental Information
To Apply: City of Medford employment application must be completed online via the City's website www.cityofmedford.org by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, April 29, 2019. In order to be considered, please attach a resume and cover letter at the time you submit your application. The City of Medford complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you consider yourself disabled and desire assistance in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department by telephone: (541) 774-2010 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed by the Municipal Court. Candidates most closely meeting the City's needs will be referred for interview and will include computer and clerical testing assessment with final appointment by the City Manager. Selection procedures and time lines subject to change. Those selected must be able to provide proof of legal right to work in this country. Hiring will be subject to a favorable criminal history background investigation.