Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey CAD Technician (Entry Level)
at Cardno ATC
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares computer-generated survey drawings, according to established standards and procedures, from field collected data using CAD software.
- Performs general survey calculations.
- Assists with office processing, checking and processing field information, DTM generation.
- Revises or changes survey drawings, traces and/or copies existing drawings and completes simple calculations with specific instructions.
- Understands and follows the company’s standard CAD procedures for layering and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
- Well organized and with outstanding work ethic, works well with a dynamic and highly efficient team. Maintains schedules and progress reports for self-performed work.
- Minimum of high school or technical school training with courses in computer-aided drafting or equivalent experience with AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Certified Survey Technician Level I or II or the ability to obtain the title within 1 year is highly preferred and encouraged.
- All activities will be under the direct supervision of a licensed state PLS, utilizing a variety of software packages including: AutoCAD (Civil3D) and Trimble Business center.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience with the software packages is required. The individual must be able to learn on the job and in a progressive manner.
- Use hands and/or fingers to touch, handle, move or feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Clear vision (at 20 inches or less), with or without corrective lenses.
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- Must be able to read maps and transcribe technical information from them into design.
- Must be able to visit and assess work sites.
* Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants ONLY
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.
Why join Cardno?
Be part of a global company where the work you do today will make a difference for generations to come.
At Cardno our people have a shared purpose to make a difference in the world – whether it’s delivering a sustainable infrastructure project in their local community or improving health outcomes on the other side of the world. Doing good work that benefits others is our greatest motivator.
When you join Cardno, you’ll be part of a diverse global team of talented technical experts and professionals. Working in collaborative and connected environments, your development will be mapped and supported to help you reach your career goals.
Balancing work, life and wellbeing is also important to us and we provide a number of initiatives and opportunities to help you achieve a happy working life at Cardno.
Our work is diverse and interesting and you’ll have the best people on your side to lend a hand. Because at Cardno it’s never about a single person or job – it’s about a shared vision that guides our results, and shapes how we deliver them.
Want to explore life at Cardno?
Learn more about what life is like at Cardno by viewing our Meet-our-people videos. If you like what you see, then we want to hear from you.