Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cardno ATC
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, assign and evaluate work of designers, with support from project managers
- Estimate and budget task-hours for design projects
- Keep the project manager informed of project status, schedules, and issues
- Provide thorough ongoing QA/QC review of deliverables
- Mentor design staff, encouraging them to accomplish personal and professional goals
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, representatives of other governmental agencies, contractors, developers
- Perform and lead design work for civil engineering projects that involve site layout, grading and drainage design, stormwater management, sanitary sewer and water, erosion control, and roadway design. This may include the following with minimal supervision: preparing construction drawings, compiling reports, completing quantity takeoffs and cost estimates, authoring letters and memos, and preparing other associated project deliverables.
- Conduct detailed due diligence regarding design requirements and permitting processes
- Direct coordination with subconsultants, and local, state, and federal agencies
- Obtain permit approvals and track jurisdictional schedule
- Conduct/coordinate construction administration and periodic site visits to monitor quality and work progress
- Attend meetings and coordinate project design/requirements with multi-disciplinary teams and client
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Complete/coordinate quality work within budgets and timelines, with support from project manager
- Assist with the hiring, mentoring, and work plan development of team members
- Assist with employee review process
- Registered Professional Engineer in Oregon
- Competence in AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple and conflicting deadlines
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- 4 or more years of related civil site (land development) and construction work experience
- A strong interest in mentorship and project management techniques
- Familiarity with local permitting agencies and jurisdictions
- Well-versed in construction methods and inspection
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD and Civil3D, specifically as a design tool
We are an engineering and environmental services firm that enjoys working together on interesting projects and loves to have fun and celebrate our successes. At Cardno, we know that there is more to life than work. We prioritize schedule flexibility, support our teammates and contribute to activities that bring us together in fun and meaningful ways. Currently, our team members enjoy playing on a sponsored intramural volleyball team; volunteering for organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Engineers Without Borders and the Oregon Humane Society; and participating in seasonal company gatherings and socials. Our Portland office is a Sustainability at Work member and Gold Level award recipient. We are located on Willamette Park with a scenic view of the river, within walking distance of restaurants and coffee shops with free, secured parking.
* Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.
Why join Cardno?
Be part of a global company where the work you do today will make a difference for generations to come.
At Cardno our people have a shared purpose to make a difference in the world – whether it’s delivering a sustainable infrastructure project in their local community or improving health outcomes on the other side of the world. Doing good work that benefits others is our greatest motivator.
When you join Cardno, you’ll be part of a diverse global team of talented technical experts and professionals. Working in collaborative and connected environments, your development will be mapped and supported to help you reach your career goals.
Balancing work, life and wellbeing is also important to us and we provide a number of initiatives and opportunities to help you achieve a happy working life at Cardno.
Our work is diverse and interesting and you’ll have the best people on your side to lend a hand. Because at Cardno it’s never about a single person or job – it’s about a shared vision that guides our results, and shapes how we deliver them.
Want to explore life at Cardno?
Learn more about what life is like at Cardno by viewing our Meet-our-people videos. If you like what you see, then we want to hear from you.