Cambia Health Solutions, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director, Technology
at Cambia Health Solutions, inc
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Information Technology
Assistant Director, Technology
The Assistant Director of Technology leads the development, delivery and support of the payment systems and applications; partnering with the leadership team to establish feature priorities, and roadmap to meet the business objectives. Also responsible for maintaining the payments engine and the insights services powering financial management.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Achieving our ambitious Cause requires exemplary leadership. In addition to the Cambia values listed above, our leaders demonstrate the following leadership attributes: Cambia leaders think big, push boundaries, envision possibilities, inspire and empower others. They build collaborative relationships beyond their functional area and create workplaces which are just and transparent. Our leaders must be lifelong learners, develop others and act as role models for their teams, colleagues, external partners and—most importantly—our current and future members.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Demonstrated leadership of multidiscipline, high performance work teams and an established track record of leading engineers through lifecycle development phases.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to think about business problems in new ways and the ability to clarify key issues in complex situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with a variety of customers and stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of general principles of finance, budgeting, project management and systems development lifecycle.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels across the company.
- Ability to develop and lead a team including hiring, goal setting, coaching and development. Can drive performance of individual contributors and deal with performance problems.
- Thorough knowledge of general principles of project management and software development lifecycles.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- The Assistant Director of Technology would have a Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, business administration or related field and ten years in a technology management or leadership role (or other demonstrated experience) with demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and influence and strong abilities in relationship management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Functions and Outcomes:
- Responsible for the coordination of the development, delivery and support of the application systems in use to support payments and insights.
- Works closely with the leadership and other company stakeholders to implement and support systems that improve processes and support critical business strategies.
- Works closely with business partners to determine priorities for project and support work requests, and to balance the volume of those requests against available or accessible resources.
- Responsible for instilling and reinforcing a strong sense of ownership, empowerment, and accountability throughout all levels of the organization. Predictable, high-quality, on-time delivery is the ultimate measure of success; therefore, this position will require the knowledge and experience to apply the right methodology to every work effort to get the job done.
- Assists with the integration requirements of systems with existing systems. Coordinates with third-party vendors, consultants, and contractors as necessary.
- Establishes appropriate working relationships with existing and new strategic vendors, deriving the maximum value from negotiated contracts for technology services and products.
- Participates in the formulation of the company business systems and technology roadmap, assessing cost and feasibility of system requests and ensuring the plan supports both strategic and near-term needs.
- Manages within the established budget, driving increased service value and optimized organizational costs.
- Develops and maintains effective and positive relationships with all business partners, from Senior
- Executives to entry-level employees.
- 2 - 10
- No unusual working conditions.
- Travel may be required, either locally or out of state.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.