ATI Specialty Materials
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ATI Specialty Materials
Responsible for demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in weld repair of titanium castings using gas tungsten arc welding process.
- Weld repair of titanium casting using thin wall welding techniques
- Ensure proficient weld repair of Titanium Castings using the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) Process
- Follow written and verbal instruction outlining weld repair requirements
- Collaborate with other areas in operations, primarily in belt and hand grinding
- Work safely by following all safety rules and safe work practices.
- Able to evaluate which rod size and electrodes are needed
- Controls tooling to level finish castings
- Identifies defects and report out of specification conditions
- Operate vacuum weld chambers and Bubble chambers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- 2 to 3 years of TIG welding experience.
- Proficiency using vacuum weld chambers.
- Must be able to pass Weld Test
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Position is sedentary work at a weld chamber. Individuals work is completed with sleeves attached to the tank to weld on casting parts. Requires bending, lifting, pulling to move parts into tank and remove after welding.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred
The job description is:
- Intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and behaviors of employees in this job.
- Not an employment agreement or contract.
- Intended to describe the essential functions of the position that a qualified individual must be able to perform, either with or without reasonable accommodation.