ATI Specialty Materials
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC Lathe Machinist - Swing
at ATI Specialty Materials
The Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Lathe Machinist I reports to the Superintendent, Operations, and is responsible for set-up and operation of CNC machines to produce machined parts. The CNC Lathe Machinist I works in high-paced environment, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping accurate records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and standards.
- Sets up lathes to program instructions or Roadmaps.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions (Indicator) first-run part proofs outs (FAI).
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintains quality standards in accordance with ISO 9001 & AS9100.
- Loads and unloads parts according to standard work instructions.
- Works effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Reads, understands and interprets technical information (e.g. drawings, work orders, handbooks, industry standards and specifications).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Various CNC Controls such as Fanuc, Siemens, and Heidenhain.
- Measuring methods using gauging instruments.
- Mathematics applications, including daily usage of fundamentals of trigonometry.
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) preferred.
- The understanding of standard blue prints and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Machining and holding tolerances of +/- .005".
- Identify, but not replace worn and broken tools.
- Operate a single machine.
- Manage tooling independently, as well as live tooling.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- High school diploma, or equivalent is required.
- At least 1 year of CNC work experience and/or trade school equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience turning 2 axis' is required.