Astoria School District 1C
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher - Elementary KG-2nd
at Astoria School District 1C
Astoria School District No. 1C is seeking applicants for the following 1.0 FTE Elementary Education teaching positions for the 2020-2021 academic school year.
ASTORIA SCHOOL DISTRICT 1C JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Elementary Teachers (KG-2nd Grade)
REPORTS TO: Site Administrator
EVALUATED BY: Site Administrator
The job of Elementary Teacher (KG-2) is established for the purpose(s) of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for educating and supervising students within the classroom setting or other assigned areas: developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual instruction within the established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers and professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and /or classroom issues and needs; in addition developing relationships with students and their guardians by sharing student progress and responding to inquiries about the instructional program provided.
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- At least four years of successful teaching experience.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in one or more of the following areas: Curriculum, Reading, Language Arts, and Elementary Education.
- Holds and maintains an appropriate license from the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission in the State of Oregon
- Ability to pass a background check and criminal justice fingerprinting
- Effectively maintain and practice the state adopted Model Core Teaching Standards (OAR 581-022-1724)
- Demonstrates a very good command of the oral and written English language
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with students, parents, and school personnel from diverse cultures or backgrounds in English, Spanish, or other languages related to the job
- Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff, or district patrons
- Ability is required to schedule activities, meetings and events; gather collate and classify data, and use job related equipment.
- Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes, and operate equipment using standardized methods.
- Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and groups; work with data of varied types and purposes, and utilize specific job related equipment.
- Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines, and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Ability to work harmoniously and collaboratively with others
- Perform physical requirements which may include:
- Moderate degree of physical stamina
- Frequent standing, walking, bending and occasional lifting/pushing/pulling up to 40 lbs.
- Repetitive movement of reaching overhead, extending, fine motor movement of hands and wrist
- Ability to use telephone, computer, projector, and other office equipment
- Ability to make frequent trips to and from locations throughout the school building and grounds
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability needed for the position.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
- Assesses student progress toward learning targets, objectives, standards and expectations for the purpose of providing timely and specific feedback to parents and students.
- Administers and develops subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency and developing individual learning plans.
- Demonstrates and differentiates strategies to perform classroom assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program to address individual student learning needs including the use of language support methods, 504 and IEP implantation.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, school administration, parents and community partners for the purpose of improving the overall quality of instruction and learning outcomes for all students.
- Instructs all students for the purpose of improving academic performance, personal health, and appropriate behavior, problem solving techniques in all school settings to promote proactive social behaviors.
- Provides direction and guidance to support staff and volunteers in the classroom setting to ensure and effective program for all learners.
- Manages classroom behavior expectations in a positive instructional approach to teach and promote a safe optimal learning environment.
- Actively supervises and monitors students in all educational settings to ensure a safe and positive learning environment Actively and fully participates in ongoing professional learning for the purpose of conveying or gathering information required to perform functions and to improve learning outcomes for students.
- Completes all non-instructional duties associated with record keeping, data collection, correspondence and verbal communication with parents, staff and administration for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting all mandated requirements.
- Complies with state and local laws, as well as, school district policies to report all incidents (e.g. suspected child abuse, substance abuse, harassment, discrimination etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety for students and staff, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to state law and board policies.
- Actively communicates and responds to all inquiries from students, parents, administration, school staff including district office and administration for the purpose of providing information, resolving issues and ensuring positive educational outcomes.
- Collaborates and supports other teachers and staff for the purpose of implementation of curriculum, instruction and individual student plans.
- Directs volunteers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Skills are required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a meet to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet the changing job conditions and demands. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include applying assessment instruments, operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Knowledge is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages and ratios. Read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and facilitate discussion. In addition, analyze situations to define issues and draw a conclusion. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include appropriate codes, policies, regulations, and laws; age appropriate activities; lesson planning; understanding of child development stages.
- Responsibility includes: working under limited supervision, using standardized practices and methods; directing other people within the work unit; tracking budget expenditures. Utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform job functions. There is an opportunity to significantly impact the organization’s services.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the school and educational program.
POSITION BEGINS: August 2020
SALARY RANGE: Per contract on the district website
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
Kate Gohr, Principal, Astor Elementary
ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMIT:
Note: Application must include the following (via upload to TalentEd Recruit & Hire)
- Cover Letter
- Three current letters of recommendation
TalentEd Recruit & Hire
Job Contact Information
Thursday, June 18, 2020 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)