Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
24-Hour Program Manager - $500 Signing Bonus!
- 09-Sep-2019 to 08-Nov-2019 (PST)
- Program Management
- Eugene, OR, USA
- $33,600 - $42,000 DOE
- Full Time
Position is eligible for sign-on bonus of $500* upon hire!
Alvord-Taylor is proud of its status as one of the top 25 non-profits to work at in Oregon, according to Oregon Business magazine. Our employees rate us highly for our work environment, career development and learning, and following our mission and goals. We are a group of people inspired by the people we serve and who enjoy collaborating with others to ensure our supported individuals enjoy quality experiences at home, at work, and in the community. Alvord-Taylor offers healthcare benefits (medical, vision, dental) to all of our full-time employees who work 30+ hours a week. And because we value our employees and their wellbeing, we provide health insurance to our employees at a low flat rate of $25 a month.
Are you looking for a person-centered agency that lives by its values of providing people with disabilities the highest quality of life possible? Are you energized by the idea of helping individuals with disabilities achieve lives they value by developing skills and connecting with the community to ultimately obtain independence? If our mission speaks to you and you have the qualifications we are seeking, we encourage you to join our team of dedicated professionals.
The Program Manager is responsible for overall operation and success of assigned program(s) and implementation of programs and services for the individuals we support in order to assist them in achieving their goals and highest possible levels of independence. The Program Manager cultivates professional and cooperative relationships with supported individuals, their families, and staff to ensure the successful implementation of support plans.
- Oversees work of direct support professionals and provides supervision and development in a supportive manner
- Ensures support plans are developed, completed, trained, and implemented for each assigned supported individual
- Manages and completes reports and documentation for supported program in a timely manner, including:
- T-Logs and General Event Reports for assigned employees
- Medication Authorization Records (MARs)
- Healthcare Reports
- ISP Data Reports
- Ensures supported individuals at program(s) receive highest quality of care, service, and support, including but not limited to:
- Completion of all required health examinations
- Safe transportation for assigned people
- Medication reviews
- Balance Test completed with the psychiatric provider for each assigned supported individual per agency policy
- Coordination and attendance of assigned supported individuals' healthcare appointments as required
- Obtaining services and/or benefits (e.g. SSI, Medicaid) for supported individuals
- Communication with persons involved in the life of the assigned people
- Ensures medications are managed and disposed of according to policy
- Understands and follows process for making permanent changes to approved program schedules
- Manages financials for supported individuals at assigned program(s)
- Understand and utilize policies and union contract
- Conducts staff and one-on-one meetings with staff and maintain appropriate supervision and support
- Ensures staff are properly trained to provide highest levels of care to supported individuals as required by local, state, and federal law as well as Alvord-Taylor policy
- Work direct care shifts, in the event staff is unavailable to work
- Participate in on-call rotations and twenty-four-hour administrative coverage
- Report suspected supported individuals' rights violations or suspected neglect, abuse, or exploitation to Lane County Developmental Disability Services, then to management, per the OAR requirements.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings
- Complete DSP core competencies at assigned program per expected timelines
- Assist in the training of new Program Managers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Special Education, Psychology, or a related field and two (2) years of experience in developmental disabilities and health services within Oregon, OR minimum four (4) years of experience in developmental disabilities and health services within Oregon
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Demonstrable experience and abilities in:
- Providing effective programs for people with developmental disabilities
- Experience in developing behavior support plans and evaluating data
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Oregon driver's license and be insurable by the agency's insurance carrier.
*$500 signing bonus is split into two installments of $250. First installment of $250 received upon start date. Second installment of $250 received upon successful completion of trial service period.
Alvord-Taylor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Alvord-Taylor is a proud supporter of our military veterans and actively works to provide employment opportunities to veterans seeking employment in the civilian workplace.