Allied Reliability Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Boiler Operator A
at Allied Reliability Group
- # of Openings
- Hidden (17630)
- Direct Hire
Operates and maintains air compressors, generators, motors, and steam boilers to provide utilities for multiple processes by performing the following duties.
- Performs work using plumbing tools, and be moderately skilled in the use of the tools of several trades.
- Generates material lists for jobs needing to be performed, and keep a stock of most used items, such a pipe and fittings.
- Occasional sets oil rail cars, and transfers oil from outside storage tanks to the plant through the proper lines. Also checks that seals are properly attached before removal (checks for tampering) on all rail cars and oil trucks.
- Responsible for audit and maintenance of fire systems and fire extinguishers as appropriate or as directed.
- In the absence of the supervisor or lead worker exercise good judgment in regards to plant equipment, security, and safety.
- Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Records data such as temperature of equipment, hours of operation, temperature or pressure, water levels, voltage load, etc.
- Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shut down equipment as necessary, directed, or required.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication.
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearing, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges, and cleaning, or replacing burners, or other components.
- Oils and lubricates equipment.
- Records operation and maintenance actions taken during shift in operator’s logbook.
- Performs various tests on equipment and related systems recording results and taking appropriate action as necessary or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- One year certificate from college, or technical school with three to six months related experience and/or training is preferred.
- A combination of education and significant direct experience will be considered in selection of incumbent.
- Certification will be required of incumbents, when and if, an appropriate regulatory agency requires such.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Incumbent must hold a valid Frozen Food Company equipment operator’s license with a Lift Truck and Platform/Scissor Lift endorsement within thirty days of starting the bid.
- Incumbent must have a valid driver’s license.
- Incumbent must take and pass an appropriate job related test.
- Incumbent must be able to weld stainless steel.
- Incumbent may be required to obtain journeyman plumbers license as necessary or required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.