Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry Level Environmental Engineer
Engineering - Environmental
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Environmental Engineer for employment in the Portland, OR office. AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support for process design, remediation design, storm water management, sediment remediation, permitting, and instrumentation/ process control
- Contribute directly to the preparation and review of technical project deliverables (e.g., reports, work plans, feasibility studies, engineering design reports, plans and specifications)
- Contribute on projects regarding technical approach, numerical analysis, cost estimation, planning, design, scheduling, budget management, quality control, and safety
- Job duties will involve both field and office assignments with occasional overnight travel required
- Prepare technical and status reports involving complex numerical analysis
- Project scheduling and development of engineering cost estimates
- Builds analytic and design skills.
- Conducts engineering design under the supervision of an
- experienced engineer.
- Creates designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision.
Entry Level Environmental Engineer
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- BA/BS + None or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental engineering or other related field required
- Familiarity with groundwater treatment systems, storm water treatment, and soil excavation projects
- Understanding of riverine processes, coastal processes, circulation and/or scour modeling, and dredging techniques are a plus
- Understands natural attenuation processes and organic chemistry
- University Master’s degree
- Strong writing and communication skills
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Portland - OR
United States of America
USA - Oregon