Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machinist 2 (Day Shift)
at Acumed LLC
- 06-Sep-2019 (PST)
- Screw Cell - Cornelius Pass
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Full Time
- Worksite - Cornelius Pass
Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
The Machinist sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. The Machinist is responsible for ensuring product is loaded and unloaded correctly per standard operating procedures.
Mon-Thurs 5:00am-3:30pm, Cornelius Pass Screw Cell
- Under close supervision, efficiently operates production machine tools to maintain high quality, low cost and on time delivery.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished part to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Visually inspects surfaces for flaws and smoothness.
- Empties chip bins.
- Sweeps and cleans work area and equipment.
- Use established practices to ensure Quality during operation including documentation and techniques.
- Monitor machine performance.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Perform general set-ups to ensure maximum utilization.
- Troubleshoot problems under guidance.
- Process improvement.
- Generally requires 1-2 years CNC equipment operating experience.
- Ability to operate machine tools safely and understand set-up instructions.
- Familiar with basic blueprint reading or ability to acquire blueprint reading skills.
- Familiar with basic Inspection techniques and processes, or ability to learn and understand them.
- Basic knowledge of general manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Basic math skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to read, understand and complete all documentation.
- Successful completion of Tooling U and/or enrolled in Machining Classes, or equivalent.
- Mastery of Level 1 competencies on Acumed Machinist Career Ladder and Qualifications.
- Demonstrated set-up competency on Cell-specific Machine Tools, with acceptable results.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills and basic programming understanding
Acumed and ACUTE are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.