Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Acumed LLC
- 13-Sep-2019 (PST)
- Agent Inventory
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Full Time
- Worksite - Brookwood
Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
The Inventory Analyst (IA) assesses and responds to requests, and tracks consignment inventory levels in the field and at customer sites. The IA uses metrics to negotiate with agents and Regional Business Managers to determine where product usage and inventory levels are highest. The IA supports Regional Business Managers in achieving the Company's inventory turn goals by making recommendations on consignment inventory movement in the field, with the objective of optimizing its presence in facilities with maximum utilization and sales potential. The IA ensures the accuracy and integrity of agent inventories by conducting regular audits of inventory and collaborating with agents to assess appropriate and available inventory levels.
• As the point of contact for consigned inventory for a designated region(s), receive and fulfill the customer service needs of agents and field sales representatives.
• Receive, analyze and promptly process requests from field sales reps for the issuance, transfer, or increase of consignment inventory.
• Using independent judgment, analyze requests for consignment inventory by applying established criteria including comparing requests to inventory budget, sales history, need, new business forecasts, etc.
• Assess and track product inventory levels and usage rates in the field and at customer sites. Negotiate with sales representatives and Regional Business Managers (RBMs) to determine placement of inventory which will maximize usage/sales.
• Coordinate and conduct physical inventory counts/audits annually to ensure accuracy of inventories consigned to agents and sales representatives.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise in the course of audit activities including batch discrepancies.
• Regularly run inventory reports detailing lot codes and expiring products. To ensure no expired product remains in the field, communicate to agents when product is required to be returned and coordinate the timely return of expiring product.
• Process monthly fees when applicable and communicate with agents. Use independent judgment to
• Respond to requests for additional ad hoc reporting and analysis.
• Support PDT action items related to new product implementation and expansions to ensure proper consignment inventory levels are planned.
• Bachelor's degree required (business related degree preferred). Candidates nearing completion of a 4-year degree may be considered, based on applicable experience.
• Minimum 2 years relevant work experience; 1 year of relevant Acumed experience may count as 2 years outside work experience.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to work with ERP system using inventory data and metrics
• Excellent negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate across functional lines.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism.
• Motivated and self-disciplined with the ability to complete critical tasks with a sense of urgency.
• Exercise sound judgment with an ability to independently conduct research, analyze and discern the cause of discrepancies and logically resolve issues.
• Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
• Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
• Ability to work well independently and interdependently.
• Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Outlook and Word) and accounting software.
Acumed and ACUTE are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.