Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Acumed LLC
- 06-Sep-2019 (PST)
- Agent Inventory
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Full Time
- Worksite - Brookwood
Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
The Distribution Analyst leads process and program activities to effectively align and deploy inventory resources to support global sales initiatives. The Distribution Analyst will develop strong relationships with Sales, Agent Inventory, Logistics, Planning and IT to support all Supply Chain groups in their execution of inventory initiatives as they relate to product availability, turns, new product rollouts, upgrades and obsolescence. The Distribution Analyst will provide analytical, technological, and logistical support managing consigned Acumed inventory, Main inventory, Loaner inventory, and Acumed's logistics systems. Through the development of business metrics, performance tracking, and inventory utilization benchmarks and other analytic tools, the Distribution Analyst will provide inventory allocation recommendations and support. Under general supervision, the Distribution Analyst will help design, specify, and implement systems to support sales growth while ensuring best in class inventory utilization performance across all Acumed's distributed inventory. This includes field inventory management systems, the development of Agency processes and best practices, Acumed process integration with hospital systems, consigned inventory forecasting, and future multi-warehouse distribution.
- Develops and analyzes reports related to inventory management, inventory turns, consignment set utilization, and Loaner set performance. Communicates results to supply chain, management and the agents accordingly.
- Collaborates with Product Management, Sales, and Agent Inventory to develop and maintain performance metrics and ROI benchmarks by product to measure agent performance and ensure effective utilization of consignment and Loaner inventories.
- Tracks and analyzes the performance of fulfilled inventory requests. Provides recommendations to Agent Inventory and communicates strategies to Inventory Analysts and sales team.
- Assists Finance in the development of an Agent valuation model to track agent profitability.
- Reviews inventory instrument expense budget and propose actions as necessary.
- Forecasts and coordinates field inventory distribution, Loaner inventory volumes, NPI requirements and international orders.
- Coordinates with the Planning group in the development and management of Product Groups to drive demand.
- Coordinates new inventory builds with Planning group to manage inventory lead times.
- Develops strong working relationships and working knowledge with Supply Chain internal and external customers and suppliers (such as warehouses, carriers, logistics groups, etc.).
- Effectively communicates and leads activities to support strategic projects and initiatives with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Agent Inventory, and Logistics.
- Assists in the ongoing development and implementation of inventory management and tracking software/tools.
- Identifies, develops and implements technology to optimize inventory management, control, and increased visibility.
- Manages the alignment of BOM Material Master Data for Loaners, Agent Inventory and Returns Redistribution.
- Leads cross-functional policy and process development and implementation, proposing policy changes to better drive inventory management and utilization activities.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a Set Redistribution program.
- Identifies and evaluates best in class hospital inventory systems and processes to drive internal systems development and implementation.
- Performs extensive analyses using excel, database queries, and other reporting tools to solve business problems and develops strategic plans.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field required.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Supply Chain (such as Distribution Planning, Inventory Management, Materials Planning, or Demand Planning). Less years required for candidates with Acumed experience.
- APICS CPIM preferred.
- Relevant medical and/or technical background.
- Experience with SAP, or other ERP system, and Microsoft Office (proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience with the requirement specification, design, implementation, and improvement of software systems.
- Ability to manage complex projects, tasks, and small work teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Interact and influence key stakeholders (such as Agent Inventory, Planning, Sales, Agents, Logistics, and IT).
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Must act independently to determine corrective action required to resolve complex inventory issues.
Acumed and ACUTE are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.