Job: Product Line Manager- Mounted Attachments- Stanley Black & Decker
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
As Product Manager, you will be charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
A product manager's key role is strategic, not tactical. Key to the position will be to develop product line and market strategies for driving sales growth and profitability for assigned product groups. Expand new products for targeted customer groups within each product group, leading cross functional teams through new product development process.
Major Tasks and Level Accountability:
* Gather intelligence and maintain competitive data and competition profiles by product group.
* Research and monitor acceptance of existing products on functions, features and price.
* Develop and implement sales and advertising promotions on existing and new products.
* Develop market data by market segment to determine product life cycle placement.
* Coordinate with Sales new product launches including training, technical, product and promotional materials.
* Screen and evaluate new product ideas for prototyping and development.
* Assist in establishing pricing, policy, and customer relations for the Global market
* Primary interface with other functional group for new business development or new product development.
* Review quality and design problems and make recommendation and changes as appropriate.
* Participate in the industry and trade-association activities/shows, studies, on marketing and sales problems
* Receive sales performance, and related reports, and summarize them as required.
* Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
* Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
* Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
* Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
* Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
Skills / Requirements
* BA/BS in Business Administration or Engineering required. MBA preferred.
* Technical knowledge as well as 3+ years marketing experience in heavy manufacturing
* Experience in direct marketing activities, market research and intelligence, and market strategy.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills including presentation, negotiation, and persuasion.
* Project Management skills - exceptional planning and organizational skills. Detail oriented.
* Ability to deal and manage customers and cross-functional entities at all organizational levels.
* Change facilitator-sees change as a positive challenge and translate it into opportunities.
* Ability to travel globally and bridge cultural and market specific demands.